1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time incubating babby ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by plumpudds, Apr 13, 2016.

1. plumpudds

plumpudds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2016
    Warrington
    Hi! :) This is my first time hatching, well, anything and we're on about the 4-6 day mark and all six eggs that we recieved by post seem to be doing well! The only problem that we've got is that two have "detatched membranes"(?) and we're still going to keep going with them but a dark spot has appeared in the air sacs that are mis-shaped and I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this and has any tips on what I should do?

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    You may want to check in on the hatching forum. We also have hatchers here - there's a Call Ducks Finally Hatched thread, and hatchers post there sometimes.

There's also a sticky on hatching - link in blue letters at the top of the Duck Forum index.

3. plumpudds

Apr 13, 2016
    Warrington
    Thanks for the tip! :) I'll have a look.

4. mariejerry

mariejerry New Egg

Apr 14, 2016
    I'm just starting the incubation period w/my ducks & maybe u can help. Do u know what I should have the humidity level at?

5. plumpudds

Apr 13, 2016
    Warrington
    I'm keeping mine at about 55% :) Everywhere that I've looked has said that's the best level to work at. Though it's best to keep an eye on the air cell to make sure you're not adding too much or too little :) This is all from what I've heard from other people though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by