First time incubating: becoming friends!

le_bwah

Crowing
5 Years
May 1, 2018
Boise, ID
My Coop
My Coop
I turned my back for a second and a chick popped out. Can't believe how active they are right out of the egg! This one's all alone for now, but I can hear its siblings calling back to it. Three others have pipped, and I'm hoping they push through it. :fl This is my first ever hatch and I'm stoked to have even one baby make it out.:wee

Second one arrived, with four more pipped! This little guy rocketed out, zipped in less than ten minutes.
P5210028.JPG

Eeek how exciting! I have 2 eggs with little holes right now! I've only ever hatched one other quail when I was a kid, so I'm super excited to watch these today! Thanks for sharing! Keep posting!

First is all fluffed out and happily exploring the brooder (#2 would be there too but #1 has started in on an unfortunate toe-pecking habit). They call to each other across the room, synchronized but discordant. It would be adorable if I didn't know it will keep me up all night.
P5210036.JPG

I can't wait to see what colors I get! This is so exciting. Thank you for sharing! I love the internet. I can talk to someone who's also in the middle of hatching out the same exact kind of quail I am at the same exact time lol

I had ten out of the dozen hatch, what i liked was how all the eggs had the same pas\rt removed, it was like there was a zipper in each egg for them to get out, the color variations are awesome as well, congrats on the new chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom