First time incubating chicken eggs!!!

asianchicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 27, 2010
FLorida
Should I keep spraying the eggs with water too keep up humidity? And I don't have a standard incubator, I only have a 100 watt bulb, a bix plastic box, and a cover with a couple small holes in it (small as in 2 inches). What else should I do ? This is day 18 and lockdown, should I do anything else to help?
barnie.gif
he.gif
jumpy.gif

This is my first time to I put a shap wow towel in there DON'T let the humidity get to high I can't remember what will happen but it is pretty bad.

Hi - I got my first chicks this year. We had a lot of trouble with the incubator humidity levels. In the end we lost a lot of chicks through shrink wrap - the membranes drying out due to humidity levels being too low. BYC have a link about intervention and helping in the hatch. Please be ready to help as you may have the same problems. If we had not found BYC site and the instructions on how to help hatch we would have lost all our chicks. We now have two lovely chicks in the brood box. They are 3 weeks old. We lost 6 so please look it up before you get to the hatching bit. The chicks were fine our humidity was wrong as we like you had a home made incubator.

Don’t be afraid to step in if needs be - good luck!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom