First time incubating ~ HELP! ~

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Blue Heron Farm, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Blue Heron Farm

Blue Heron Farm New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Connecticut
    So, my hatch date was yesterday. I candled my eggs at 7 days, 15 days and 18 days and saw promising signs. Took the turner out and sat and waited....today is day 22 and I am not seeing anything happening...not a peep or a pip.
    My concern is with the thermometer. I am using the one that came with my LG bator and I should have done more research (before now!) with the fact that they are very inaccurate. My husband pulled out his digital Klein thermometer and it was reading 98* and my LG thermometer was over 101*. this means I have been incubating at 96* or 95* this whole time....is there hope for these little ones or should I just give up?

2. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Its better too cold than too hot in my opinion. The recommended guide lines is 37.8 - 99.5... My first hatch all came day 22 & 23. Sit tight a bit longer [​IMG]... Do you hear any chirping?

3. Blue Heron Farm

Blue Heron Farm New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Connecticut
    No chirping yet....I am going to wait it out until Friday (day 24). I guess I need to invest in a new thermometer.

4. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Awe its so hard getting everything right..Keep us posted hun [​IMG]

5. Blue Heron Farm

Blue Heron Farm New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thank you so much! It is so hard to be patient. My kids were so excited and the hardest part is the disappointment they will have if nothing happens. But I will try again and again until we get this right. [​IMG]

6. Blue Heron Farm

Blue Heron Farm New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Connecticut
    Well, I just looked in the bator and there is one pipping....guess it's a start!

7. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Woot Woo[​IMG] Come on you lazy babies.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by