first time lockdown...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by moorechicks, May 23, 2010.

1. moorechicks

moorechicks Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Carthage,Tx
    Well I went on lock down about 30 min ago [​IMG] BUT when i got home today and settle in some new chicks we got I checked the temp and such and it was 106 [​IMG] I got the temo stable and took out the turner and made sure there was plenty of water and added a wet sponge and go back and there is condisation (sp?) I have read you dont want that in there. Please can anyone help me I feel like none of my babies want make it with the temp and such [​IMG] any info as to what i am doing wrong or need to do oe anything will be great. I feel like I have let them down and not doing the right thing [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

First off CALM DOWN! [​IMG] Secondly, once you take it off the turner and add all that extra water, you really need to wait about 4 hours for things to settle before you make adjustments. A few hours of too high temps or too high humidity at this point won't really matter, unless it is like 95% humidity and 120 degrees.

Let it regulate for a while, then make your adjustments.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by