First time mom Charlotte has a successful hatch!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well yesterday my Mutt hen Charlotte hatched out one baby! I thought the rest of the eggs were bad because they were stinky as well as sh left the nest. Well I go to check on her today and what do i find? five more babies! all yellow/ buff/ fawn and one crested!

What I find funny is I had a hatch last saturday - Seven black ducklings and one light colored one,

Now I have five yellow ducklings and one black one!

I still owe yall pictures of last weeks hatch, but as soon as i get a jumpdrive ill have pictures up of this hatch, the last hatch, and my new goslings! So dont kill me!

Im just so proud of my mama though [​IMG] her dad is a f/w runner and mom is a buffx mallard. Charlie girl is f/w with a more runnerish body type.

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I can't wait for pics, i am SO in love with my funny-looking little mule babies, they're just adorable and so much smaller and skinnier than my Muscovy babies that hatched around the same time. I also just put in an order for 2 more goslings! white chinese, they didn't have any browns [​IMG]

Now I just have to sell some Muscovies to make room mfor the new ones! lol

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    What a good momma duck.... Cant wait to see some pics..

4. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    YAAAAAAY Goat Walker's duckies xxx Give them all smooches from me!
    [​IMG]
    XXXX

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    We actually named the little black one smooch because he looked like he had a kissy face on his head [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by