First time mom Charlotte has a successful hatch!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well yesterday my Mutt hen Charlotte hatched out one baby! I thought the rest of the eggs were bad because they were stinky as well as sh left the nest. Well I go to check on her today and what do i find? five more babies! all yellow/ buff/ fawn and one crested!

What I find funny is I had a hatch last saturday - Seven black ducklings and one light colored one,

Now I have five yellow ducklings and one black one!

I still owe yall pictures of last weeks hatch, but as soon as i get a jumpdrive ill have pictures up of this hatch, the last hatch, and my new goslings! So dont kill me!

Im just so proud of my mama though
love.gif
her dad is a f/w runner and mom is a buffx mallard. Charlie girl is f/w with a more runnerish body type.

I can't wait for pics, i am SO in love with my funny-looking little mule babies, they're just adorable and so much smaller and skinnier than my Muscovy babies that hatched around the same time. I also just put in an order for 2 more goslings! white chinese, they didn't have any browns
sad.png

Now I just have to sell some Muscovies to make room mfor the new ones! lol

Last edited:
We actually named the little black one smooch because he looked like he had a kissy face on his head
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom