First time momma "hen" expecting 6!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jobouss, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jobouss

jobouss Chirping

Jan 24, 2013
    Tupelo, MS
    This is my very first time incubating although I have owned chickens in the past. I have been lurking and learning for a while. I built my incubator and brooder. I ordered 6 silkie eggs, and the guy from Hardin's poultry farm in Tennessee just happened to be coming through my town and hand delivered my eggs instead of shipping then. When I got home there was 12 eggs in the box instead of 6. On day 8 only 6 of the 12 showed development. It is just amazing to watch the little ones dance around in their eggs. I opened the clear ones and they did not look fertilized. I am excited about my babies and I hope and pray they make it the rest of the way. I enjoyed looking at everyone's coops. I learned so much. I am 3/4 of the way done with my 4 x6 coop. Thanks everyone for all the great information. BYC has helped me so much!

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck with your incubation. Hope that you have a successful hatch.

3. Crazy4mypeeps

Crazy4mypeeps Chirping

May 17, 2011
    Nebraska
    That's awesome, your practically ahead of the game.[​IMG] LOL Glad that you are almost done. I'm having a hard time resisting buying and setting some eggs under my broody right now. I have to keep telling myself, NO! LOL

Keep us posted on how the hatch goes!

4. jobouss

jobouss Chirping

Jan 24, 2013
    Tupelo, MS
    Thanks I will! I am thinking I am going to have that same problem. I am already thinking in my mind, what kind I want to incubate next. I have to keep reminding myself just to focus on these I have now. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by