First time nest box...roll out or not?

Anything will work - roll out nest boxes, regular nest boxes, card board box, kitty litter box, etc. They aren't that particular. BUT once they get in their habit of laying, it is VERY hard to change it.

I personally don't like roll out boxes, I like to encourage broodiness
cool.png

Awesome. I started some cutting and building today. I was hoping the consensus would be roll out. I should have taken some pics first so you could see why I wanted to. Now I dont have to worry about doors on the back to get them out.

Quote:
As of this time, I am not planning on raising my own chicks, so I dont have to worry about the broodiness.

LOL! That's what I said 1 year ago. I now own two incubators and have hatched countless chickens... I'll see you in the "hatching egg" section later
wink.png

Quote:
As of this time, I am not planning on raising my own chicks, so I dont have to worry about the broodiness.

LOL! That's what I said 1 year ago. I now own two incubators and have hatched countless chickens... I'll see you in the "hatching egg" section later
wink.png

That could very well be true. I am just getting started with the whole chicken thing. I know I want to do some hatching, but I have a place planned to seperate the Buffs when the time comes.

So true. I now have 3 coops (2 for chickens, 1 for growing out babies), an incubator and I've hatched almost all the broody breeds. You'd think that would be enough - NOPE - now I want turkeys. And I recall telling my DH when he came up with the chickens idea that I'll never have a rooster. (I have 3 now)

Back
Top Bottom