first time out *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Caat, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Here are a few pics of one of my hens first time out in the big world [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this is my curious roo! He loooooooves the camera, can't get a clear shot lol
    [​IMG]

that's it for now [​IMG]

2. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    [​IMG] I can see how curious she is through the pics! Very cute. Did she find any bugs or worms?

3. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    filled her tummy with ants and various things I couldn't see. She seemed to enjoy it. Tomorrow I'll try my hand with 2 if it's nice [​IMG] I've got a total of 16 so I just have to be careful that I don't have too many out at one time. I'd be crushed if something happened.

4. Terrie Mac

Terrie Mac Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Ha! Lovely little curious lady and such a hamburger that dapper roo. Gotta love the fullness of life our chickens bring:)

5. phy

phy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    Awww, they are lovely!

Also Terrie Mac I love your avatar [​IMG]

6. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    How old are they? I just put mine out in a fenced area with a doggy igloo on Monday. They turned 7 weeks last Monday are seem to be lovin' it outside - although it's been in the 100s the past couple of days, I'm just keeping the grass wet and stuck a frozen 2 liter soda bottle in the coop for them to lay around. Seems to be working [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by