First time owner of chicks and in need of some help

CharmingChick

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 4, 2012
Can someone please help me identify the breed and if possible an educated guess on the gender?
They are about 2 weeks now. ( there are only two chicks peanut the yellow one and truffle the black one)

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you =)

Last edited:
from a teacher who was hatching them for his daughters preschool, not sure where he got it tho

Last edited:
Not sure about the chipmunk looking one, might either be EEs or Ameruacanas (not sure though)....the other is a GLW...it is too early to say what gender they are...

The first three could be from a number of breeds (the chipmunk pattern is SUPER common accross multiple breeds, not just EE. The rest of the pictures are of Gold Laced Wyandottes.

Are these pics of 2 different chicks or 6 chicks? Do all of them have beards/muffs (really puffy from right in front of the ear/eye under the chin and back up to the other cheek)?

Def. not Speckled Sussex, are they single combed? dont think there are any easter egger/americaunas either.......no greyish legs. There are definatel many breeds that have the chipmunk pattern. depending on comb they could be anything from a brown leghorn to a dark cornish.......but definately yellow legged.

The chick (or chicks) in the first three pics all have beard/muffs. I can't tell if the chick (or chicks) in the last 3 photos does. I think so but I'm not sure. I think they are EE or EE crosses.

Peanut doesn't really have a comb yet all i can see are very tiny bumps going down towards the beak.
and they both hatched at the same time and truffle is developing a tail yet peanut hasn't and i've read online that roosters take longer to develop their tail does it mean that peanut could be a rooster?

Back
Top Bottom