First Time Raising Baby Chicks - Pics of the Girls

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hollyinpa, May 10, 2008.

1. hollyinpa

hollyinpa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Hey - Since Ida had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks ago we've become moms to six new barred rock chicks. They are adorable and are settling in nicely. Our dogs are very curious about them and the cats are too. Here are a few pics from their first day home:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. glorialuver123

glorialuver123 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2007
    Walworth, NY
    o they are adorable! i had a barred rock baby, but now she barred rock pullet. she is my favorite, just handle them alot, cause espescially the breed, they could get very mean, which happened to someone i knew barred rock

3. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    They are lovely, have fun with them.

4. hollyinpa

hollyinpa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    I have been handling them - letting the dogs sniff them and putting my hands down in the bin where they are. They come right up to my hand each time.

My other barred rocks that I've had since they were pullets aren't mean...they follow me around the yard and eat out of my hand.

I hope that these chicks will be tamer and will let me handle them when they get older.

I LOVE these chicks! Sooooo cute.

The chicks are in a tub in the sunroom this weekend but will move to a brooder in the shed this week once we know they are settling in ok.

More pics to follow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by