1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

first time setting eggs wish me luck! (Rcom 20) pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by showjumper_girl2002, Jul 7, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    this is my first attempt at hatching eggs. i have 9 muscovy eggs that i just set in my new Rcom 20 [​IMG] hope i do good and get some to hatch even though it's my first time [​IMG] i will be posting candleing pics as they progress. wish me luck! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Hey Showjumper, I'm plumb tickled to hear you got your Rcom 20! Boy, that thing looks good, especially with those eggs in it. [​IMG] I am looking forward to seeing your progress as your incubation goes along. Keep us posted. Oh, and good luck! [​IMG]

3. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG] i'm so excited [​IMG] lol i'll definately keep you posted!

4. HiddenHill Heretic

HiddenHill Heretic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Santa Cruz, Caliphas
    just finished my 2nd hatch in my RCOM 20.. Love it. Good Luck with your hatch. The first few times the jingle goes, check to make sure all eggs are turning. Have Fun...

5. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:Thanks! [​IMG] Since you've had experience with the Rcom 20 can I ask you a question? Is the temp and humidity reader pretty accurate or should I test it w/ a real thermometer and hygrometer to make sure it's right? Also is 60% high enough for muscovy eggs? I did lots of research and found a lot of different numbers.... like 55%, 60-65% and even 75% (before lockdown and higher during lockdown). So i decided to set it inbetween at 60%. Any suggestions? Hope it's not too low [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by