1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

first time setting quail eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by empire, Dec 19, 2012.

1. empire

empire New Egg

Dec 18, 2012
    today i set 46 coturnix quail eggs in my reptipro 6000 incubator. i put 16 in the auto turner and have another 30 in trays that i made from egg cartons. i bought these eggs from a local guy and picked them up today.
    i took 2 days getting the reptipro 6000 to the right temp, and bought 3 thermometers and 2 hygrometers to finally get it where i wanted. the incubator is set to 102 degrees, and i got a consistant 100 degrees from my water jar that was set in there to help me calibrate my unit. there is about a degree difference between the top shelf to the bottom shelf, so i plan to swap egg trays every day, to make it more even.
    has anyone else incubated quail eggs in a 6000, and if so, did you have any issues?

2. danpv

danpv Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2012
    Resurrecting your thread, how did the incubator do? I'm considering the same model for quail and would appreciate your input. TIA.

3. empire

empire New Egg

Dec 18, 2012
    the incubator works very well, it holds a constant temp pretty well. this summer i wil be hatching out a few hundred honey bee queen using this incubator, which is the original reason why i bought it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by