1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time to try cottage cheese

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jtbrown, May 17, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Okay, really no point in posting these, other than I wanted to share pics of my girls ( and probably a few boys too)

At first, no one went near the dreaded cottage cheese, a red sex link circles, time and time again . . .
    [​IMG]
    Then she took the first bite
    [​IMG]
    Then it was on like "donkey kong"
    [​IMG]

2. aggie9296

aggie9296 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    Mine LOVE cottage cheese. Cute chicks.

Watch out though as they can sling it everywhere. And when they look up with some on their beaks, they look a little rabid.

3. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Lol that is too cute. I think that's how my babies tackle every food item I put in. We tried spaghetti tonight and it took a bit for Maple our head girl to come and take a bite then the boys cam over then it was a free for all and chasing everyone for the spaghetti.

You have some amazing birds love the Delewares they are gorgeous. Are they very friendly?

4. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I'm so new at this didn't know which ones were possibly delawares, the white ones with are light brahmas, you can't see them well in these pictures but they have beautifully feathered legs and feet.

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

That cottage cheese might bite, gotta watch it carefully and circle round and round first. [​IMG]

6. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Oh I'm new too the white ones looked like Delewares. I am considering getting a few of those I also have Gold Comets and Buff Orphingtons coming soon.

7. harmona1

harmona1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Indiana
    Too cute! That's pretty much the same reaction I got when introduced yogurt for the first time! [​IMG] Beautiful chicks. I just adore my red stars! Total sweethearts, and great layers.

8. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    My husband came in a few minutes ago and I showed him these pics. He was telling me when he fixed the waterer issue for me yesterday, he was bent down under the cover for the water and suddenly there was a red chick in his face, one on his shoulder, and another on his knee. They are very friendly. I think he is hooked by their curiosity, I don't think he expected to like the chicks/chickens but he does. Wh ei take a chair into the coop to watch them they line up to perch on me. So different once they are out of the brooder, really seek that attention. Thanks for looking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by