First timer bra incubator

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gemima91, Mar 26, 2017.

1. gemima91

gemima91 New Egg

Mar 26, 2017
    Ok so I've acquired a mallard egg which is likely to be fertilised and due to my lack of an actual incubator I'm throwing caution to the wind and plan to keep my new baby in my top until D-day. I've done as much research as is possible in 24 hours (read some stuff 2 or 3 times) but my question is do any of you friendly hens and roos have any tips for me. Im pretty well endowed so surface area isn't a problem

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. JanetMarie

JanetMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Michiana
    It will be very challenging for you as single duckling mom. It's 24/7 just like a duck/chicken mom. You can train him/her to sleep in a partially covered nighttime area starting right away, which I would suggest.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I wish you every success!

Best wishes
    CT

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

That will be an interesting approach...let us know how it works out for you!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    What happens after hatch, can't stay there forever - so really it would need a brooder and maybe another duckling or two. [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under gemima91 [​IMG] Welcome and Good Luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by