First Timer Here or Hope to soon be

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by anthonyjames, Dec 6, 2009.

1. anthonyjames

anthonyjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Port Washington, WI
    I am looking to incubate quail eggs. I have never incubated eggs before. And after I hope with some success to hatch some eggs I would like to raise quail and then breed them to hopefully hatch more or sell. My question is when an egg is layed do you start incubating day one or can you stock pile some eggs for about a week and then start to incubate.

And the other thing is incubators. Is there a best one for just getting started that will not break the bank?

Is there a dummy book to get some info or like other areas in BYC Forums you may be my dummy book to help me along.

Thanks

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

You can collect for a week.
    The foam bators are ok just get one with a fan.

Dont know a good book but if you do enough reading on here you will learn all you will ever need to know.

3. FirstTimer

FirstTimer Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2009
    i got mine from tractor supply.. i cant tell you how good it is cause i am a first timer as well ^_^

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Personally I like the Genesis 1588 incubator.

5. anthonyjames

anthonyjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Port Washington, WI
    Well looks like Genesis 1588 incubator wins in all votes. I am looking at the one that include the egg turner and 30 quail eggs to start. I am trying to find out if I can get the courtnix eggs instead of the bobwhites. If not then I will look for a breeder in Southeastern Wi to see if I can get some around there.

Thanks all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by