First Timer with still air incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MissB629, Nov 21, 2013.

1. MissB629

MissB629 Out Of The Brooder

Yesterday was day #16. I candled and all is good so far. Last night I noticed three eggs "shaking". Is this a little early? I turned them this morning (day #17). More shaking going on. No pipping yet just some shaking. I'm so excited!!!! I set 32 eggs figuring I might get a dozen or so. Five were not fertilized, one was a double yolker and quit on about day 12 or so. 26 are left and I saw movement in all of them last night. Temps have been pretty steady and humidity has stayed between 28 and 38. I've got some rir's coming, a few black sex links and some rir/buff mixed.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Good for you.
    Most new hatchers don't have such good luck, especially with a still air and hand turning.

I would say the shaking is them getting into position.

3. MissB629

Thanks for the feedback Canoe. All I've done for weeks now is read up on this stuff. Hopefully it will pay off and I'll spare myself a lot of mistakes. It's just a cheap farm innovator but I'm really impressed with the steady temp it holds.

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    how did it go? I dry hatch and this is my incubator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    they come out nice and moist with my dry hatch bator.

5. MissB629

It went pretty good Gimmie Birdies! Out of 26 eggs at lockdown I ended up with 21 cute little fluffy butts. I dry hatched too. I didn't use any water at all the first 18 days and then only added a tiny bit. I like your bator.

6. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    :highfive:thank you! And great JOB!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by