First timer!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PuckettPeeps, Jan 6, 2017.

1. PuckettPeeps

PuckettPeeps New Egg

Jan 6, 2017
    Alabama
    Alright so we have a broody outside with her 14 eggs, and decided to try the indoor incubator. The current temp is 100, with 45% humidity. It has fluctuated as we have had room temperature changes. Beginner mistakes were made, my husband put them point down, and we have some that are on day 27 as of today which are my concern. We did a float test on them and candled them last night, #1 has no visible internal pop, none out, does sink with movement but it a dark blue color and was hard too see much other than the air pocket. #2 egg in float test also had very noticeable movement, and we weren't able to see any movement candled. On the blue egg, I've noticed it has developed "freckles", like 1 shade of darker blue. My question lies here, where should we go from here? We did actually take 3 out that 1 was partially formed, and discarded it, the other 2 are going to be fed to the outside flock mix. Thanks! Our other eggs are on day 18, have lovely formation and moved during water and candleling..so hopefully we have things evened out.

2. PuckettPeeps

PuckettPeeps New Egg

Jan 6, 2017
    Alabama
    Anyone?

3. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

I am a first timer myself.......Lots to learn and many dos and don'ts along the way.........lol

Best of luck with the HATCH......[​IMG]

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by