1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First timer!!! :-)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mysheezab, Sep 11, 2012.

1. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA
    Hello! I just received my 1st ever baby chicks last week. I got 3 Plymouth rock hens. I want to give them treats but I am not clear on how old they have to be and what kind of treats are ok for little ladies they are 1 week old :) help me! I've also been handling them as offer as I can. They are so funny to watch and it has been a joy so far!

2. I wouldn't feed them anything treat like until they have ascess to the outdoors, unless you'd like to feed them grit.

When they're 2-3 weeks old a bit of leafy stuff or pasta would be OK if you offer them some pebbles to scratch in just in case

3. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA
    Thanks ! I won't go crazy. Haha currently they are on the chick feed and that's it.

4. Jakoda

Jakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Old Lyme CT
    for a treat for my chicks whenthey were little, was taking their crumble food and making a mash with waterout of it, they'd go crazy for it:)
    Diane

5. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by