First trip outside!

Lewis.jessie6

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2018
Today was the first day I let my chicks outside. They are about 4-5weeks old and it was about 80 degrees so I thought they would enjoy a little yard time. I'm just waiting on the weather to stop dropping so low at night so they can stay in the coop permenantly or do y'all think they could be moved already? They seemed to enjoy running around and picking at the ground.

Attachments

• 20180401_140734.jpg
    20180401_140734.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180401_140221.jpg
    20180401_140221.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 9
Today was the first day I let my chicks outside. They are about 4-5weeks old and it was about 80 degrees so I thought they would enjoy a little yard time. I'm just waiting on the weather to stop dropping so low at night so they can stay in the coop permenantly or do y'all think they could be moved already? They seemed to enjoy running around and picking at the ground.
Hey, wait until six or seven weeks old, before moving them just too be on the safe side.

I usually transfer mine outside once they are mostly feathered and the baby fluff is gone. I use the bottom of a coop or a dog run with a cat carrier filled with shavings for bedtime. This has worked great so far with all my babies! It is usually spring and the temps at night are in the 50's.

I usually transfer mine outside once they are mostly feathered and the baby fluff is gone. I use the bottom of a coop or a dog run with a cat carrier filled with shavings for bedtime. This has worked great so far with all my babies! It is usually spring and the temps at night are in the 50's.
The temperature here should be nights in the 50s as of next week and it should put mine at 6 weeks old. I may look at transitioning them then. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom