First try at hatching... ***PICS***

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cmom, Nov 21, 2010.

1. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I put eggs in the incubator today. This is going to be my first hatch. A friend gave me some eggs out of his breeding pens. Not sure of the fertility, but we will see. I'm going to candle them at 10 days. On day 18 or 19 they will go into the hatcher. My roosters aren't quite old enough to do the deed yet. Hopefully I'll know what I'm doing by the time they are ready.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    Best of luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you! I'll be trying my hand at it in early spring.

3. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Best wishes !

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    I love the videos! Looking inside the eggs is almost as exciting as an ultrasound when I was pregnant. I candle my eggs every day, sometimes twice!!!! I hope all goes well for you and your unborn babies. [​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    So far it looks like I'm going to have a good hatch. I have only found a couple of the serama eggs that look like they aren't developing. I have EE, Blue Cochin, Serama, Black Sex Links and some mixed.

7. Joey8765

Joey8765 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Australia
    congratulations [​IMG]

good luck on your first hatch!!

could you put up some photos of your incubator?

8. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    goodluck to you!! [​IMG] cant wait to see some pics of those babies!! i hope i get an incubator and some eggs for christmas - my roo just started doing his job with the some of the ladies...he is a barred rock and i have a game hen - anyone know what kind of chickies those will be or look like?? she has already hatched out some chicks on her own when she was wild a few months ago... i have one chick left, i think the daddy is a wild game rooster? i dont think she started laying again yet... but i think she will be easy to let go broody and she is a great mum when she is ready again... well i ramble! aloha

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    I have that same accurite device.. I am pretty sure... you are suppose to keep the whole thing inside the bator... That extention piece will only read temp inside the bator while the device is reading the humidity in the room your in. Please read the directions that came with it again.

Good Luck,
    renie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by