First Try Incubating And I Have Babies!! Pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Shiningfeather, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Shiningfeather

Shiningfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    My babies were due the March 17th. Well Homer (DH named him) the first impatient chick that just couldn't wait decided to make an appearance on the 15th. He made me question my counting of days several times before I finally decided I was right and he was just that early. They are all OEG from our roo and hens. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why we have 3 different colored chicks???
    I was thinking that maybe its the roo/hen difference but have not been able to find pics of many OEG to make comparison.

We put 21 eggs in the bator and I candled on the 14 day and all were growing babies. We have had 13 hatch so far and another is zipping asI type this. Four more have pipped and should hatch some time tonight.

The first of my chicks.....AKA Homer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Wow, your success is amazing!

3. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Congrats on your success. They are so cute. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    What Beautiful Chicks! [​IMG] Congrats on your first hatchlings! What type of incubator do you use?

5. Mom2Munchkins

Mom2Munchkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Awesome first hatch!! I hope I have half the luck you did, mine are due in a few days!

6. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    beautiful chix u have there

7. Shiningfeather

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Quote:Thanks to everyone on here. I asked several questions and read others posts like an obsessed person. [​IMG] I used a LG with turner but no fan. I am very lucky since my DH works from home and checked the temp and humidity all day every day.

I have 4 left in the bator that have not pipped. I am going to give them a couple of extra days, but am very happy with the rate we got. I was supprised we got, but I think is was more he since I work outside the home. [​IMG]

8. Shiningfeather

Feb 7, 2009
    hill country texas
    Quote:You will do great just watch temp and humidity like crazy. [​IMG] mine went up and down during the hatching. I think I would have gone nuts if I was here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by