1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First TWO Eggs, EVER! w/ pics!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hokankai, Dec 15, 2010.

1. hokankai

hokankai Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    SW WA
    So this was my first time raising chicks, and we got our first TWO eggs today! I wasn't expecting any so I didn't go out to the coop until 3pm...but there they were, in the same nest! I'm so happy, I about had a heart attack and started crying at the same time, HAHA. I'm 21 and have done all of the work over the last 23 weeks and I also have to go back to school in January. I was so worried they wouldn't start laying until after I'd left...but instead they gave me the best Christmas present ever!

[​IMG]

Any ideas as to who it could have been? We have a BR, a BO, a Light Brahma, a SLW, a GLW, an EE, a Black Australorp, and a Delaware

WEEE I'm such a proud mama right now!

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    That is a wonderful feeling! Congratulations on your first two eggs ever!
    My bo's lay eggs that look like that...But? I dunno. [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Wow, congrats! I got my first from my current flock in September and it was that great feeling all over again. And I love the white dots on them- my BR lays ones like those.

As to your question, it's hard to say since most of those breeds tend to lay the same color egg- you'll probably have to see who's in the nextbox to find out for sure, but I'm guessing the left is from a wyandoote or australorp and the right is from a Barred Rock. Soon enough you'll be able to glance at the egg in the carton and know who layed it.

4. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Amazing!

Merry Christmas!

5. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY. Ren and Stempy flashback, sorry.

CONGRATS ALL THE SAME![​IMG]

6. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Congratulations. Glad they laid before you went back to school. My Buff Brahma lays eggs like those in your picture.

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] Congrats!!!

8. aglyphic creatures

aglyphic creatures Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2010
    PA
    Congrats to you and your hens!!! I had my first 2 eggs as well!! Isn't it exciting, lol!!!!

9. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. amberflea

amberflea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Central WI
    So eggciting isn't it. I know my first egg I had my hubby take several pictures of me holding it... you'd of thought it was golden or something:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by