First visit to the coop run today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by grammyjladr, Sep 6, 2010.

1. grammyjladr

grammyjladr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2010
    [​IMG]

We are still building the chicken mansion but getting close now. These two wanted to go visit today to inspect the grounds. They seemed to feel we passed the pecking test. Electricity went in today, the chicken door and the fencing was finished. I'll let you know how Chicklet and Fricasee feel about the inside of the coop soon. They reported back to the other 22 chicks that all was well and coming along smoothly. Oh and the bugs were good too. THe strawberry snack was a sneeky way to "convince "them it was time to go back to the brooder at dusk. These two are 7 weeks, the others are only 4 weeks now, but getting too big for the brooder. They are going into the hen house but not outside soon. They shoud be fine with heat and light.

Am I going too far in my plan the knit neck warmers for my two Turkens this winter?

DH made me cancel the order for the chandelier and the chicken hot tub. He did go along with the special order windows and we will be insulating and something akin to drywalling before winter. He keeps saying they're chickens and they can take it. I know they can take it and survive but I'd rather they be comfortable and happy.

I have 24, 5 RIR and a whole bunch of other breeds. They'e all been named by me and the grandkids as you can see they like the grandkids, especially well supervised grandkids.
    [​IMG]

Dylan loves Goliath and I think its mutual.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    cute photos!!! all of them! [​IMG]

3. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    I have to agree with hubby about the chandelier. You wouldn't want them to hurt themselves swinging from it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by