first year at getting chickens!!

ShiCkns16

Hatching
Apr 8, 2016
Hello Everyone!

this will be my first year having chickens and I'm looking forward to it! I'm slowly getting prepared and will order my chickens a few weeks from our local Bomgaars. When I was younger we had two ducks and so I'm also looking into getting a few ducks also!! I can't wait to see what raising chickens is all about!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sure you will enjoy your new chicken adventures very much :D
They sure are lots of fun to keep and very rewarding too. The learning centre would be a great place for you to check out, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
Lots of fab articles that will really help you keep your new chickens happy, safe and healthy.

Wishing you the very best of luck. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us and congratulations on deciding to get your own flock.

I have no experience with ducks, but am certain you will fall in love with your chickens.

Good luck with your planning.

Chickens aren't as messy as ducks with their "droppings," and don't care to splash around and be wet all the time. I think they'll do fine for you. For those reasons however, they do not do well sharing a brooder with ducklings

Back
Top Bottom