First year with ducks I have 6 mallards, Egg Storage

digger MN

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 5, 2010
I have been getting about 3 to 4 eggs a day for abou 2 months. There are 8 doz. in the fridge right now. Question is how long will they keep in there??? I have only got rid of 2 doz. Nobody want them around here. I bring up duck eggs and they don't want to hear anymore. I even tell them that they are great for baking. Duck eggs are the only eggs my gal uses for baking. Thanks for any and all help. DIGGER

Im not sure how long they can last
hu.gif
I have 5 adult ducks, three females, and two males, and all three of the girls are laying a egg a day. I almost have a doz. And Im not sure.what to do with them? Duck and chicken eggs can be out of the frig for 4 weeks. Right now all my duck eggs are out of the frig. So I need to get them to someone and quick! Lol. Good luck tho.

Use them when you bake cakes, Great for noodels, anything you use chicken eggs for. Stuff is just great. At least I think so. My gall friend has been baking like crazy but they stay way ahead of her. LOL

My moms chickens just stoped laying a while ago. So she got some RIRs and they werent laying. And then my three ducks started, so we now have fresh eggs again
big_smile.png

When I get home im making some cookies
big_smile.png
wish me luck that my sister eats em. Shes totaly against ducks eggs becuz their fertile :rolleyes so what big deal! Its not like im eating a baby duck? Right?

Quote:
Theres no way im feeding them to my ducks. Sorry. ill give em to my neighbor if I must. or the dogs. But not the ducks or chickens.

I feed egg to hatchlings as it is a great source of protein. Also give it to anyone injured or under the weather. The shells are a great source of calcium back into the diet as well. Our dogs love their weekly eggs for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom