First Yellow Golden egg of the year today

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by frenchblackcopper, Mar 9, 2012.

1. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    My male has been acting hyper all week,,running back and forth,squeeling at times and shrieking towards the end of the day.To my suprise today I seen an egg inside their box.The hens were just 1 year old last season when I got them,they didn't start laying until late June,but kept laying until late September.So with them now being 2 years old,,and the super cold evenings in Illinois we've had here all week I was suprised to see an egg.I hate to fire up the bator just yet,,but as nutts as the male has been acting I bet it's fertile.

2. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm from southern Illinois so will have to start keeping an eye out for eggs in my pheasant pens. My males have been really struttin' their stuff this last week and with the warm weather we're supposed to have this week - who knows!

3. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    Had an egg from my Red Goldens yesterday,,,nothing from my Dark Red Throats or Lady Amhersts yet

4. golden reeves

golden reeves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    I'm still patiently waiting but with the warm weather coming all my pens are starting to act up. [​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    My pens have become very active as well. I am hopeful. This is my first year for my two pairs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by