Firstime incubating *Day 7*

countrygirl911

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Mississippi
It has been 84 hours since i have placed 3 eggs in a little 110V incubator i just candled them and i know in 2 of them i can see the little veins and a little red spot in the eggs yeah at least i know 2 are developing as of now these are test eggs to see if my roo is doing his job looks like he is

Last edited:
Woo-hoo. The other way to tell if eggs are fertile is to look for the bullseye in the yolk when you crack the egg open. There is a sticky at the top of the Incubating section that shows some good pictures of fertile eggs. But if you need an excuse to incubate, this sounds like a good one
wink.png

Thank you most of the eggs we eat i look for the bulls eye and they seem to all be fertile but i needed the excuse to at least incuabte at least 3 eggs lol i only have room for 3 more chicks in my coop until husband can expand it when it warms up this spring/summer i just hope to get at least 2 females if the are roos then my cousin will be getting them i already have one roo and on 2 of my hens out of 17 he is really messing up there back feathers and i can just imagine if i had more roos lol. once my husband expands the coop i plan on buying another incubator since the one i am using only holds 3 eggs it is a little plastic one with a plastic dome on the top. the eggs just reaced 4 days and each one has veins and a little red dot in the middle of them can not wait to see later if they actually survive

I have one of those little incubators. Looks like a little yellow flying saucer. Watch the humidity in the incubator. When we tried it the first time, I put too much water in it and the humidity got too high. Killed all three eggs and started to stink. Up until then, it was working great, though. Who'da thunk a little 7 watt night light bulb could incubate eggs?

Good luck, and let us know how its going!

thank you for sharing your story about this incubator i have on of the little legs filled with water and i make sure that it does not spill into the bottom under the foil but i will be keeping an eye on it and i will keep everyone updated i do not know who is more excited me or the kids my cousin will be getting the chicks unless we have all hens i do not need more roos she has said she will take all roos she lives on about 30 acres of land and they can run free all day then go in for the night i really want a different incubator but will not get one till my husband expands the coop and run so i can make sure i have room for more

well it is Day five of my first incubation and i candled all 3 to the eggs that my little bator can hold 2 showeed really good signs of developing i saw the little eye in them the other egg i saw the veins and a red blobb where the chick forms but could not see the little eye guess that is because of the darker color of the egg i will not give up on it if i can not see something real good in it by day 7 or 10 thenm i will take it out or do you think i should still wait and see if it hatches

well today is day 6 i candled them again because i was not sure about one egg because i really could not see anythng but some little veins and a little blob so when i candled it today i could see the little blak dot which should be the eye and saw it jumping and moving some in the egg the other 2 are taking off they are well defined and easy to see with lots of movement this little bator might just work we will see

well at 12 am it will be 7 days i know for a fact that 2 have a live chick inside and theres lots of movement but the other egg not so sure i see veins but really nothing else shoul i go ahead and toss it or give it a few more days

Quote:
As long as it doesn't ooze, stink, or STOP developing when you candle again on Day 18, leave it. It may just be a slow developer.

The more you candle eggs, the more your risk mucking up something in the hatch.... be careful!

thank you so much for the information is turning them several times a day ok. I hope it is just a slow developer because all i saw was some veins which were hard to see the others as soon as i candle them you can see it just as clear as day going to buy me a big incubator instead of thes little one that hold 3 eggs at least it is good for a test run to see if the roo is doing his job

Back
Top Bottom