Fish Aquarium....Or is it?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ravencreek, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    Well since I am not certified or anything I cannot call myself an aquarist but my hobby is fish. Salt and freshwater alike. Well I came across something that I found AWESOME and just bought one. I wanted to share with all of you. Go check it out!!!

http://www.fishnflush.com

ETA: I purchased it with the LED light kit.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Oh, how neat! I use to have a coffee table that was an aquarium,
    Can't stand it how much?
    Never mind I found the price. what fun!

3. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    That is just crazy cute!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think I want one, but I love it!!!

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That is so clever! Let us know how it works out!

ETA: You won't have far to go if you have to do a "burial at sea"!

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Wow! [​IMG] That's cool! Now, if they could just connect the actual tank with the toilet tank without sucking the fish out, then water changes could be a whole lot easier...

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I remember seeing that awhile back. It really is very neat, but I remember I was concerned about the size of the tank. I think they said it was 2.2 gal, which is pretty small for some of the fish they show in it! I think about the only thing you could put in that that would be happy is a betta.

It definitely would be neat though! What are you planning to put in it? Do you have a lot of other tanks?

I've just started to get into the fish hobby! I just have a ten gallon now, but I may set up a separate betta tank.

7. ravencreek

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    Well I would NEVER think of putting any type of gold fish in it. They are extremely nasty fish. Not a good "household" pet. They belong out doors in a pond. Yes I do have quite a few tanks....Lets see, I have a 75 gallon reef tank w/30 gallon refugium, a 29 gallon Euro tank with live rock and fish only, another 29 gallon tall natural tank with Angel fish and tetra's, 1 10 gallon freshwater tanks with neons, a few male only fancy guppies. 1 10 gallon with a natural bottom with freshwater clams and snails. Then there is my 20 gallon species only seahorse tank. Oh and the 55 gallon Oscar tank. Talking about nasty fish...Oscars are the worst ever! I love my guys but man their tank can get nasty quick. I have a 30 gallon hospital tank for both marine and fresh water tanks. All of my tanks are self sufficient and only require filter changes once every 2 weeks. I plan on keeping a betta only or a few Glofish in the Toilet tank aquarium. I could possibly get away with 3-5 of the Glofish and I can always remove them if its too many. I have been into and raising fish since childhood and have read and continue to read ANYTHING I can about them.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    awesome! now i want one!..[​IMG]

9. ravencreek

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    The neat thing about these tanks....You don't HAVE to put fish in them. If you look around at the pics you will see where people have used them in decorating for the different seasons. You could set up a theme with a backdrop and then add characters to the tank part. Though the thought of the Nativity scene in the toilet is kinda weird I suppose it could be done. Tho I'm not sure I would be comfortable putting baby Jesus in my toilet. So to speak. I may just use it to keep a lizzard in. Then people can REALLY say they are going to "drain the lizzard" hahahahah. Sorry about that one. I had too.

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by