Fish meal pellets - where to purchase?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Wynette, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Does anyone feed fish meal pellets to their chickens? If so, where do you find it? I've been searching in vain online, I've called my feed supplier, and have asked around and cannot seem to find a source for them. Thanks!

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I feed fish meal powder. I haven't seen pellets for sale anywhere (but I wasn't looking, either). A google search may be your best bet to find them.

3. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Go to your feed store. Tell them you want a bag of Special Select Menhaden Fish Meal. They can get it for you.

You probalby won't find a fish meal pellet since it is difficult to pellet a high protein low starch/carbohydrate ingredient.

Jim

4. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks, all - CovenantCreek, I Googled to the ends of the earth and found no pellets. Someone on heare, about a year ago, mentioned using them.

Lazy J - thanks, I'll see if I can find the meal. [​IMG]

5. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I order my fish meal from Countryside Natural, but like Jim said, you may be able to get from your local feed store. My girls can't seem to get enough of the stuff. [​IMG] I've started mixing into their layer mash (which already has some in it), as well as adding it to both the chick starter and broiler feeds.

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the info.!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by