Fish People: BETTA FISH

Duckchick2011

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Louisiana
Okay,

Anybody else out there who is completely in LOVE with betta fish....

Please comment and post photos at will
tongue.png
(guppies, Cichlids, etc. welcome as well )

87211_3198_royal_blue_1_betta.jpg

Not my image...just thought it looked gorgeous
cool.png

Years ago I worked with a breeder who supplied show bettas. Mostly balancing ph and doing water tests and such (chemestry intern work), not long after my bf bought me a kitten, and let's say you should not have pets who eat other pets..
hmm.png

I know what you mean, I am constantly shooing my cat away from the betta bowls...she always gets this injured look on her face like, well why can't I have a fish too?
tongue.png

Last edited:
I have a betta fish! I've had him since I was a sophmore in college, so probably about three years now. I had him in a ten gallon with some platy buddies for a while. That was hilarious to watch! He thought he was all tough but he was so slow compared to the platies! I had to leave that tank at home one semester and most of the platies died off so I moved my guy into his smaller tank. I think that one is about a gallon, but he seems happy. I don't have many pictures of him, but here are a few!

n713083084_1751395_2313208.jpg

n713083084_1377845_8901.jpg

Here are my other betta fish. They didn't last very long. One was overfed by my well-meaning room mate while I was away on vacation. She didn't know I had put vacation feeders in the tank. The other one just didn't last long.

This guy was really gorgeous. He was like a steel blue. He wasn't a true crowntail. Probably a mix, but he has a HUGE tail! He's the one that died a few months after I bought him.
n713083084_1377848_115.jpg

Here was my tank set up for a while.
n713083084_1377853_7580.jpg

This was my very first betta after starting college.
223256_5351893084_713083084_176571_9197_n.jpg

Wow! That first pic is a GORGEOUS betta! I have one that lives at my work on my desk. He puffs out his gill flaps and gets up on his little betta hammock when he wants something to eat.

Chickerdoodle13 that first red betta is gorgeous!!!
thumbsup.gif
I also really love your set up, wish I had the space to give all my bettas such an awesome tank....

Here are a few pics of my own betta's:

Jiro is the male, he is a full moon double tail, the female is Suki his girl friend:

87211_fish_pics_053.jpg

87211_fish_pics_073.jpg

87211_fish_pics_075.jpg

This is malcolm my first male...never can get a good picture of him for some reason:

87211_fish_pics_080.jpg

Last edited:
I have four of them right now. Two males and two females. All are veil tails except for one crowntail female. I looove my fishies. I know that some people say that females tend to have less personality than the males, but I beg to differ. My veil tail, Libby, is quite friendly and full of personality and tries to swim at me. She doesn't do it aggressively, more like excitable. She is an old girl now, with swim bladder issues, but she is still going strong. I may post pics here later
smile.png

Can't wait for the pics. I love the female bettas, they can and often are just a colorful and interactive as the males, suki for instance was curious about the camera flash, that's why I was able to get the shot I got of her.

I too have four bettas. Mr. Jiro and suki are a pair as well as malcolm and yuki(a red cambodian who is in the doctor tank after getting her fins ripped during breeding) I actually have about three surviving 2 week old fry that are looking great, two look like cambodians and the third looks like a multicolor...of course only time will tell.

Mister Jiro built me a really nice bubble nest last night...I think I might attempt breeding him this week.

Will post Pics. of the fry if all works out...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom