Fish Zole

Spiveyscorner67

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2013
Northeast Texas
Where to buy? NO store in TEXARKANA sells it No Pet store or Wal Mart carries it, no one knows what I am talking about.......So where on the web is the best place to buy it? Thanks

I found mine by looking for the ingredients as I could not find a packaging with the name fishzole after looking 4 different places

This is what I found. What you are looking for is the first active ingredient (Metronidazol), or look for what it is used for on fish on the photo I posted to help you find what you are looking for, some antifungal creams have the same ingredient not that you need that I was just sayen so mabe it would give you an idea of the type of ingredient you are looking for.

I need to buy some just in case too. How much do you give? If I get tablets how do I give it? Or is powder easier? I'd like all the info on hand so it's easy to find. Thanks:)

I just have it on hand and it is a powder, I never had to use it but some members here have so hopefully they can tell you cause I forgot , figured I could just ask when and if I need it.

Thank you I believe I saw this today in Pet Smart. Tx: use on 10 lb bird 30mg/ kg or 1 tablet of 250mg x 5 days also use an antibiotic for secondary infection E coli. If I have my info correct. Please advise you pea fans

this pic sure made it easier for me...........
love.gif
thanks for taking time to send, just a BIG ole dummy trying to raise me some peas.

Thank you I believe I saw this today in Pet Smart.    Tx:  use on 10 lb bird  30mg/ kg or 1 tablet of 250mg  x 5 days also  use an antibiotic for  secondary infection E coli.  If I have my info correct.  Please advise you pea fans

Blackhead treatment with metronidazole is no less than 30mg/kg by mouth once a day for five days, that's 30mg per 2.2 pounds, but I have heard of vets prescribing 60mg/kg twice a day for five days. Do not mix it in water, they won't drink it.

You'll also need Safeguard wormer to kill the cecal worm that causes blackhead.

Baytril and Clavamox are what I use for e. Coli infections, but only if I'm sure they have one, which is usually obvious after three days of metronidazole.

You can buy 250mg Fish Zole pills or 100mg Meditrich pills online. It's too difficult to give the proper dose with powder, but if that's all you can get, get it, lol.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom