Fisherman/woman, post your favorite lure/fly/bait

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Roosterboy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Roosterboy

Roosterboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    I was gonna buy a couple lures while they are on sale and it got me wondering what everyone's favorite was here. I know what i am going to get so i am not asking for a recommendation.

So, please post you favorite lure, bait, and/or fly

Where you got it and pictures are apreciated

Edited to make the title make more sense

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I vermicompost and before any major fishing trip I pull some red wrigglers out and put them in a separate container and feed them nothing but garlic & paper for bedding. [​IMG] Garlic wormies = fish killers.

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    A photo of our lures would gross everybody out. They are full of blood, guts, scales, bite marks, scratches, rust, you name it. They are saltwater lures and are pretty gross after a season. As is the bottom of the boat.

But I'd love to see nice, civilized lures that other people use...

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    My all around favorite lure, is a rooster-tail. I keep several different colors of them and they seem to do the trick more time than not.

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:I should try that!!

I use regular earth worms or night crawlers. A little bit of a jerk entices them. I am not to good with plastic baits. The devils lure is great for bass.

6. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]
    Zara Spook Puppy. Mostly the gold colored one on top. [​IMG]

7. Brad7558

Brad7558 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2008
    MN
    Mepps Minnow

8. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    [​IMG]

This is what most stream fishers use in alaska (or a similar set up).... I have discovered that its not neccesary... I just a hook and a line and have had MUCH luck with it.... salmon dont really eat while spawning so all your trying to do is hook them in the mouth to make it legal!!! I have found that a good pair of polarized glasses when salmon fishing is the BEST thing to have!!! you can see where the schools are and set your hook up stream of them!!!!

9. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    How did i miss this thread!!!! [​IMG]

i am a fishermen to the fullest!!

i am not really a lure fisherman although i do look for some good ones to catch the big ones... i mainly do under water fishing for carps things like that but the river i fish at has a lot of BIG pike and bass ( large mouth and small mouth ) and chain pickerel and rockfish some call them ( striped bass )

but i have been looking for a good lure to get these big boys in but i haven't had good luck in finding one...

one person i met while fishing was catching them off a bucktail lure lime green color?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. hobobrando

hobobrando Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Vermont
    A number 5 copper, silver, or gold mepps for pike
    A number 3 in these colors is great for bass

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by