Fishin' trip on a 100F degree day

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Yard full o' rocks, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Well.....we booked a trip with a guide for this past weekend to do a little striper fishin'. My entire bunch loves to fish!! In spite of the terribly hot weather, we did pretty well.

Here is my wife Jennifer, with one of her fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my youngest, Colby, and his first striper ever!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my oldest, Landon, with one of the fihe he caught

[​IMG]

I was "manning the camera" so the ones I caught weren't photo'd, but I did catch a few....no fish tale!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, you all look fabulous! Landon is such a hunk now (so is Colby, but Landon really looks older).

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

WOW ! Those are some big fish! Looks like you had a great time. That looks like soooo much fun! You have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing with us!

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    NEATO! Man, that's one honkin' fish your woman caught! WOWZA! [​IMG]

Looks like you had a wonderful time - thanks for sharing pics! Your boys look super happy - neato!

5. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    What fun!!! You have a beautiful family- I think it's wonderful you all go do stuff together.

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Holy moses, look at the size of those fish! You won't have to tell any fish tales when you tell those stories.

Beautiful family!

7. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    We all survived the heat. I guess all that ice and changes of water did well for the hens and roo. The young ones seem to be taking it in stride.
    I caught a rat last night. It seems they leave after you catch one for awhile and then return. I have a long run attached to the coop with a covered area where I keep the feed. The rats come in through the run to the food. I can not prevent that without a couple of hundred dollars that won't happen for awhile. So for now the traps seem to be my only defense except poison outside.
    My vanilla trees's seem to help with coop smell and some with the fly problem here. It is terribly dry and humid right now. When will this heat ever break.
    Cyn. please be careful with the roof of your coop. We just got through redoing the top of one with tin. We had so many leaks on that area. Now no leaks yeah.
    Take care everyone. Oh, Scott the Dellies are really growing. I have on pullet rock and one male rock too. Thanks Gloria Jean

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What a beautiful family Scott! Handsome young men, beautiful wife and family fun...who could ask for more than that?

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Are those land-locked stripers?

10. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Quote:Sourland, yes, those are freshwater stripers, in one of the only lakes in the US in which they naturally reproduce

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by