Fishing?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by therealsilkiechick, May 9, 2009.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    we went night cat fishing at the lake tonight and this is the channel my hubby mike caught. it weighed 10lbs. 7.8oz. and was 29 in. long. we had a blast and the kid's r in awe over daddy's huge fish,lol. looks like we'll be eating catfish for super tomarrow. [​IMG] after cutting the fillets there is 2lbs and 13.8oz of meat. anyone else love fishing?? love to see pics and hear about ur catches too!!
    enjoy the pics,
    silkie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Who doesn't love it !!!!! I'm almost peeing my pants till next friday for creek fishing to open.....sorry...never liked lake fishing...more into standing on my own 2 feet and bush whacking to find a good spot . Should be interesting this year...hubby just got his cast on for his arm , doc sais not to lift or pull anything over 10 lbs.....guess I'll have to reel the big ones in for him unless i've got my own !!![​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yum Catfish!! [​IMG] ever soak it in Franks Hotwing sauce and grill? its so good!

4. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Nice fish!

5. horselover58

horselover58 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    I love to fish. I used to take the kids fishing all the time. Now they are grown so I go with the hubby. I never caught one that big though. Sure wish I would. I'm trying for a spotted trout and rainbow trout of good size and then I'm going to try that Hotwing sauce and bbq. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    My dad has an awesome farm pond that's been stocked for over 25 years. We catch four pound largemouth regularly and there are bluegill and channel cats as well. Bullheads and snapping turtles too, of course. This was my daughters first largemouth. She was seven.
    [​IMG]

7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    My father loved to fish; his only real hobby. My favorite pics of my son as a child are of his holding up his catch, or just sitting and fishing. He is 33 and still loves to fish, went yesterday, we will be eating the catch for Mother's Day. His wife wanted a fishing trip for Mothers Day! Can't get better than that.

I figure if you fish or have chickens, you can't be too bad.

8. gaberdeen

gaberdeen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Byram, NJ
    Nice pics everyone. I love to fish, leaviing next Monday for a week in the woods of maine to float around in the boat and see whats bitin.[​IMG]

9. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Wow - I have been telling hubby that I have fishing fever and I want to plan a trip. [​IMG] Gotta love catfishing [​IMG]

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I love fishing and hope to go pro someday. I May make a fishing trip to alaska someday but first I am hitting up florida keys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by