fisrt chick rolling unhatched eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bwinn01, Mar 29, 2011.

1. bwinn01

bwinn01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    This is my first hatching.. I have 6 eggs in incubator, 1 chick is out (OMG it is cute), but it is moving around and causing the other eggs to roll. Will this be a problem if they end up upside down. 3 more have pipped (?) one of these is close

2. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess that is a judgment call for you. I was told it wasn't a problem just leave it - do not touch! I didn't listen. As soon as the chick was dry I took him out. One egg was left pip side down and the chick was having problems so I finally turned it pip side up and he was out in a matter of minutes. The way my incubator is I didn't loose much humidity by reaching in, others I know it makes a big difference.

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    this is why I hatch in egg cartons I have lost those flipped on top of their pips by hatched chicks. I have an LG that loses humidity and heat fast so I take hatched chicks out through the windows.

4. bwinn01

bwinn01 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2010
    5 of the six did just fine, still waiting on #6, not even pipped yet. this egg was iffy to begin with. these eggs were "rescued" the mother hen was killed half way through incubation, I ran out and bought an incubator, knowing nothing! I got 5 eggs in within hours of mother being killed, didn't find #6 until a full day later. OMG are they cute!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by