1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Five Bantams NEED home!! Help! - TX

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aprilholguin, Oct 18, 2007.

1. aprilholguin

aprilholguin New Egg

Oct 17, 2007
    I have five bantam chickens that need a good home due to a family crises.. I won't be home much and when I am, I will barely have time to brush my own teeth much less give these hand raised chickens the care they need.

I am in East Texas (Mineola) but frequently drive to the DFW area. I don't know if they can be "mailed", but I have a nice little coop just big enough for them (will be warm too) and a lot of fencing and chicken wire and all that good stuff if you want it! I also have an automatic low pressure chicken waterer you can have as well - cost a pretty penny!

Here's their descriptions... they are ALL bantams:
    * One white Silkie hen who is as sweet as can be and will hatch a rock. - 2 years old.
    * One barred rock hen that never runs when you get her... she lets my son cuddle with her and will never jump down - even roosts on his arm.. I will miss her the most. - 2 years old.
    * One gray hen that I think is a Blue Cochin. Very pretty. - 6 months old.
    * One rooster that I discovered was actually fairly rare.. he's got yellows, reds and oranges. He's the smallest but has lots of spunk. - 6 months.
    * One really pretty rooster that I can't remember the name... Long swooping tail feathers.. his colors are so gorgeous! He's the friendliest rooster out of the two. - 6 months.

If I can't find a home for my chickens.. I'm not sure what to do! I guess just keep them alive and try to get a neighbor to come let them out in the morning and lock them up at night? Please.. if you love chickens and like an assortment of little banams.. I got some for you!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i would like to have them .i live in kemp tx. maybe on your way to dallas you could stop by with the chickens

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I frequent Paris, Tx alot, and that's about 1.5 hours away. I'd be willing to come and get them one weekend. If you drop them off with chickencrazzy, could I come and get your equipment?

4. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Let me know what you all work out. If there's any or all left over, we can probably get it [​IMG]

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Hi, April, my husband has family in Mineola and Golden. My family lives at Holly Lake Ranch, small world, huh. My DH said I couldn't have your chickens, awwwwww man. I hope they find a great home. [​IMG]

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    How far is this from Texarkana Tx/Ar?

jackie

7. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    aprilholguin,
    I sent you an email. If you haven't found homes for them yet, we are interested. We would pick them up.

Jean

8. aprilholguin

aprilholguin New Egg

Oct 17, 2007
    I think I have found a home for them.. somebody real local.. but I am having a hard time getting a hold of her and forgot to ask her if she had other silkies.. my silkie is kind of an outcast.. might have to find a seperate home for her.. anybody interested in that?

9. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I would love to have your silkie. I have a lone cochin banty that needs a friend. [​IMG] I can even come pick her up!

I also have two silkies. [​IMG] They're still young, about 4 weeks old.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by