FIVE BBS Orps! Pic pg 2 ~I got ONE splash!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quail_Antwerp, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

I've been trying for like six months to successfully hatch BBS Orps. I'm on my FOURTH batch of eggs, and these are the children from needmorechickens! BBS Orps, and I do believe that would make them the Grandchildren of Tuffoldhen's BBS Orps...and I am thrilled thrilled thrilled to report that ....

I HAD ONE BBS ORP HATCH OUT TODAY!!

I do believe it's a blue, no pics yet, but I do have several more eggs to go.....

That's not counting my 4 Doms that have hatched.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Note: I realize one chick doesn't make a great hatch, but when you've set BBS Orps, seen them develop, have them make it all the way to day 21 and NOT hatch, you'd be thrilled with one chick, too!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Songster

Dec 9, 2007
    Springfield,OR
    Oh I completly understand and am in the same boat with you. Not with BBS Orphs but with everything else i want to hatch...and I have been doing this for a couple of years...you think I would have it down! [​IMG]

GOOD JOB AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Well, it's about time! LOL Congrats!!!!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    MY SECOND BBS ORP CHICK IS HATCHING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

and........

A THIRD BBS ORP IS PIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

*in sing songy voice*

I've got BBS Orps........... I've got BBS Orps............. I've got BBS Orps.............. I've got BBS Orps.............. I've got BBS Orps .............I've got BBS Orps............... I've got BBS Orps................ I've got BBS Orps

Ya'll, I'm so happy I would say I'd cry, but honestly, I AM CRYING!!!!!!!!!

Tuffoldhen :

Well, it's about time! LOL Congrats!!!!

That's what I said!!! Thanks!! I am really soo soo happy!!

So far, I think both are standards, and needmorechickens sent me both bantam and standard BBS Orps.

[​IMG] may all the others hatch, too!!​

5. farmergal

farmergal Songster

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Congrats! After much trying, I have ended up with 2 splash hens, 3 blue roosters, and 2 splash roosters. Hope you have better gender luck than me! I really wish I'd been able to hatch one black bird, and a couple more hens.

Those BBS Orps do NOT like being sent through the mail. It is truly an accomplishment to get them to hatch!!!

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    The second chick is out, looks like another blue!! [​IMG] Third egg is still pipped, and I'm am so excited, I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!

[​IMG] Please let chick 3 be a splash, please be a splash...please...Oh nevermind just please let it hatch!!!!!!!! I'll take any color!!! [​IMG]

7. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Songster

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    We need pictures, we need pictures!!!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    *bouncing in seat with excitement and jealousy* [​IMG]

9. hippichick

hippichick Songster

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Congrats on the baby Orps! They really are the cutest little chickies, aren't they?!!...... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  10. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Songster

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pics please??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: