1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Five Hamburgs in SE Washington State

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by starfroggie, Mar 23, 2008.

1. starfroggie

starfroggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Walla Walla
    I purchased five Hamburgs in a chick auction. I didn't know much about the breed. Since having gotten them, I don't think they are going to work out for me. I read since that they don't do well with confinement, and I live in town so free-range isn't really an option. They are also more flighty than my other chicks.

I don't know yet what gender they are. They are approx 2 weeks old.

They are from Duane Urch and should be quality birds.

Golden-spangled variety.

I would like $6/ea and they must be picked up.

Anyone interested?

2. starfroggie

Mar 5, 2008
    Walla Walla
    Forgot to mention I will consider trades for other chicks - I esp like Faverolles, Cochins and Polish.

3. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    If you were closer, I have giant cochin chicks I would trade.. But we are in Spokane:p
    Denna

4. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:From personal experience, I would say that that statement is not at all true [​IMG] I have raised the wonderful Hamburg Breed for a year and a half, and if anything, I would say they needed to be confined, because they are somewhat flighty.

5. starfroggie

Mar 5, 2008
    Walla Walla
    Hey that is an interesting take on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Denna, you are about 3 hrs from us. We are up there a couple times a year, not sure when the next time will be. This coming weekend we are going to Othello.

6. fdnick

fdnick Master Chicken Hoarder

Aug 22, 2007
    Spokane, Wa.
    HI Starfroggie, I am actually in the process of selling off my entire Giant Cochine flock [​IMG]
    lady coming to see them in the morning [​IMG] gotta make some room ..
    Denna

7. starfroggie

Mar 5, 2008
    Walla Walla
    I am driving up to Othello area this weekend and could deliver if anyone en route is interested, make an offer... Now my Wyandottes are beating these guys up :eek:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by