Five little Salmon Faverolle, what could they be?

Pookypoo87

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 17, 2015
I have five little Salmon Faverolles I purchased from a local farm. They are two weeks old tomorrow but I was told the color difference on the primary feathers can be prominent enough at two weeks to tell sex. I am hoping they aren’t all Roos but they are looking pretty dark to me. What do you Guys think?
mystery bird #1
1597366924397.jpeg

Mystery bird #2
1597367022816.jpeg

Mystery Bird # 3
1597367056794.jpeg

Mystery bird #4
1597367087871.jpeg

Mystery bird #5
1597367120295.jpeg

Number 2 looks darker to me than the other birds. The others do look dark, however, they might still be pullets. If the farm your got them from got their original stock from a hatchery, then the pullets may not be properly colored. I have gotten a few really dark pullets from a hatchery. They were not the pretty light beige and white I expected. They had dark brown and even some black feathers.

Are they straight run?
I’m seeing light “salmon” coloring in all wings, and would guess female at this point. I’ve had females that were pretty dark in color (dark brown). Currently I have a “mystery chick” that is 11 days old and appears to be an SF -assume its male bc I ordered only males and can’t imagine they’d give me a random female. My 11 day old one has black wing tip feathers. I’ll have to go check on him and try to post a pic.

Are they straight run?
I’m seeing light “salmon” coloring in all wings, and would guess female at this point. I’ve had females that were pretty dark in color (dark brown). Currently I have a “mystery chick” that is 11 days old and appears to be an SF -assume its male bc I ordered only males and can’t imagine they’d give me a random female. My 11 day old one has black wing tip feathers. I’ll have to go check on him and try to post a pic.
Thanks! They are, it is a local that I found. They are actually a pig breeder but also happens to have a flock of SF and I begged her to hatch some for me. Their flock looked darker so it might be all girls, I am just hoping they aren’t all boys 😅

Back
Top Bottom