Fixing to try a dry incubation any tips would be nice

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by floridachickhatcher, Jun 27, 2011.

1. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    I figured i would let it run 20-30% for the 18 days and then bump it to 50-60% that sound okay? i have had 2 good hatchs already but i thought i would try a dry incubation and see what my hatch rate would be maybe they would hatch out quicker

2. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    I am on my 4 hatch using the dry method. I have had great hatch rates using it so far. I just leave out both plugs and don't add any water, the humidity is usually between 20 and 30 % then at lockdown start adding water and get it to 55%, then increase at first pip to 65%. Good Luck I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me.

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    i love the dry incubation, i got a 9 out of 9 hatch rate using this method

4. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    keeping humidity at 30 percent and no higher, and add water the last 3 days

5. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Yeah my rates are great with it too, glad that I was told about it before I tried anything else, I don't think I would do it any other way [​IMG] My first hatch I had 7/8 the second was 4/4 and hatching now I have 5/8...waiting [​IMG] for the last three all have pipped. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  6. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    okay no water in the bottom of the incubator and the vent plugs are pulled out and my analog hydromemters one says 49% and the other says 39% i know the humidity in there cant be that high and the temp is 99.5 so i ordered a digital one from fleming outdoors and it should be here in a couple of days

7. Debbienmousey

Debbienmousey Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm going to have to try doing a "dry" hatch sometime. I suppose this works with all types of poultry? (Chickens, turkeys, and guineas at least?)

8. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    what is dry incubation????? i might use it sometime

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by