FL Breeders

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Wyandotte108, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Wyandotte108

Wyandotte108 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2008
    Central Florida
    What do you breed, mainly?

I want to know what is mostly owned and bred here!

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I think everyone is different. Just look at my signature line...lol.

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Well, we have 12 hens of various breeds as our eggs layers, but we also raise bantam cochins because we love them! Some are SQ...some, not so much [​IMG] ...but we hope some day to raise SQ chicks from all of them.

4. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    OLd English! Gonna get a White/Crele bloodline established in spring. wish me luck! [​IMG]

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I have cochins in standard and bantam. Also a few silkies, will add some more this spring.

6. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    I have production RIR and attempting to hatch out some White Leghorns, Buff Orphintons, and BC Marans.

7. chikenlady

chikenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Cantonment, FL
    I have Australorps, Plymouth Barred Rocks and standard Cochins right now. I would like to add several Buff Orpingtons this spring! [​IMG]

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Blue/black/splash Plymouth rocks, buff orpingtons, EEs and blue/wheaton ameraucanas.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  9. hooksetz

hooksetz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    I've got a breeding pen w/only barred rocks,6 hens and a nice roo. Also a pen with a RiR roo, a barred rock roo, and a Jersey giant roo, and these thre guys are running with and servicing about 30 hens, and they are, araucana, RiR, black star, jersey giant, leghorn, and a couple of huge mixed breed hens . Which in the end is what we are going for. Oh, and I love my blue games which I've been breeding for years, for the past 10 years or so I've developed my own breed of English game cocks. Those are my special chickens.

10. ChicknNub

ChicknNub Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    Naples, FL
    Is anybody within SW Florida looking to sell laying age RIR, NHR, Black Copper Marans, Blue Orps, Buff Orps, Welsummers, or Amerucanas?

I'm looking to buy trios but please let me know what you have for sale. I'm located in Naples, FL. 34120.[​IMG]

Kind Regards,
    A.G.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by