Flat crumpled egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tenmore, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Tenmore

Tenmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Here is one for you. Have you seen this? [​IMG] At first glance I thought it was a piece of paper. But looking closer it is a dried out crumpled egg shell. Is this normal with young pulletts? found it on the poop board.

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Yes, I had a girl lay one of those when she started laying. As a matter of fact, nearly each of my girls has laid some sort of too soft egg for her first egg.

3. Tenmore

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    I was cleaning the Poop board and saw this and had to take a closer look. at first thought it was a piece of paper but when I looked closer it wasnt.

4. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    I just got the very first egg from my pullets and it looks pretty good so I'm hoping the rest of my girls give me perfect eggs as well. but yeah, i think that's kinda normal.

5. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    the remains of an eaten egg. Eventually they'll discover the shell is tasty, too... Also check your pullets for "egg on their face". Then, you'll know for sure [​IMG]

6. Tenmore

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Nope nope was actually part of chicken poop on the board.... it looks like a soft shelled egg that didnt have yolk or whites in it and was pooped out ....shell wasnt broke up think of a paper egg wet put it in your hand and crush it thats what it was like paper thin surrounded by poop.

7. Hippie Chicks Mom

Hippie Chicks Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Near Old Forge NY
    Most likely an undeveloped egg. Sometimes nature just doesn't get it right. Happens to me occasionally too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by