Flat panel eco heater question. How long is the cord???

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Cluckthorne, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Cluckthorne

Cluckthorne Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    So I decided to purchase one of these for the coop. The same unit they have at mypetchicken.com that measures roughly 2'x2'. Can someone that has one tell me how long the cord is for this. I am still finishing the electrical in the coop so knowing the length of the cord will help determine the outlet location.

Thanks!

2. Cluckthorne

Oct 18, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Come on, I know somebody has one of these. Right???

Bump Bump

3. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    Cluck, don't know how big your coop is, but just for the record, I wish I had more than one outlet in my coop. I'd put one by the roost and one where I want to feed/water. I also wish I had more than one light fixture. I have one over the roost with a ceramic bulb in it, but wish I had another one for a light and/or back-up heat bulb. Just my two pennies.

4. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    I have a flat panel heater and my cord is 6 feet. But along with the other post if you can the more boxes the better. Each with its own gfi (i think thats it) breakers in the plugs.

5. Cluckthorne

Oct 18, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    6 feet, excellent! Thanks for the reply and to all for the advice on the added elec service and lights. My coop is small, 3' x 5.5' with a 10' x 4' run. The coop is 2x4 construction fully insulated with vapor barrier on ALL sides and is built inside the back of my garage. I'm finishing the paint now and with me inside it with one trouble light on and the outside temp 30 deg F, it's 75 inside. I'm hoping the heater won't have to do much to keep it 45 in there when it gets really cold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by