Flavored electrolytes for chinese blue breasted quail chick??

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TimBaumann, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TimBaumann

TimBaumann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    I have a injured button quail chick and bought some electrolytes! I just found out that the electrolyte powder is raspberry flavor! Will this harm the chick or can I just give it anyway! The packet says 5.48 gram for 200ml and this is for humans so should I do half of that or even less since the quail chick is soooooo TINY??

Also there is no iron in the electrolyte powder incase you wanted to know :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I am not sure of amount to give, however I do not believe the flavoring will harm the chick at all. If anything, the added sugar will help stabilize the blood sugar and give it a bit of energy.

If I were to guess, I would give about a 1/4 of what is recommended for humans. I don't think giving too much will hurt. If the chick starts to get runny poop, then it is getting too much of the electrolytes.

3. TimBaumann

TimBaumann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Namibia
    Thank you! I posted this same question in some different places so I'll see what some other people will say and make my decision! But I think that what you said will work best so thank you![​IMG]

4. MrNappy

MrNappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Ajax, Ontario
    I know you can give plain yogurt to quail, can i give fruit yogurt? (Original/plain)

[​IMG]
    This one. I feed em this one already. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by