Flea Market and Poultry Auction at Roger's Ohio Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Kaufmann's Backyard Farm, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Kaufmann's Backyard Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    Is anyone taking birds or poultry supplies to the Roger's Ohio Flea Market and auction tomorrow night? I am going and was hoping to get the heads up so I can look for specific vendors when I get there. It gets really crazy sometimes and I am hoping to buy some chickens or ducks(or chicks and ducklings). I am also looking for a few other supplies and maybe even another coop since I'd like to have the breeds separated. Please let me know. You can post here or email me. (Probably reach me faster if you email since I check email almost hourly) Thanks.

2. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    i go to the junk sale there 2nt Tuesday , but haven gotten to the livestock sale whats it like and is the flee market junk or animals? im like 4hrs away so its a trip for me but if its good id like to go. do you have any pics? and how does the auction go? what time does it start?

3. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Jul 4, 2011
    The flea market is mostly "good junk". Lots of yardsale type stuff and lots of vintage stuff. They sell produce, eggs, meats and cheeses, etc. The also have food concessions. They sometimes sell animals in the flea market-usually puppies, poultry, etc. The auctions are as follows: @ 1pm is houshold items, tools, etc @5pm is produce, eggs, etc and @ 6pm is poultry and small animals(sometimes rabbits, goats, etc.) It is exciting and I always find something to buy. I don't have any pics, but I think they have some on their website. There are TONS of people there.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  4. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    what are the prices like? laying hen? quail? rabbit? any idea? i know some are high and also low, but whats the average they sell for?

5. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Jul 4, 2011
    It really depends on the week. I have seen laying hens go for as little as $3 and as much as $25. I would say average is $8-10. Last week I got a silkie hen with 10 chicks for $13. I also got 2 Barred Rock pullets awhile back for $6 or the pair. I don't really pay attention to anything but the chickens and ducks, so I can't help you with rabbit or quail prices.

6. twinkie

twinkie Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    LOUDONVILLE, OHIO 44842
    What part of Ohio is this auction?

Is it on a Friday or Saturday?

7. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Jul 4, 2011
    It is in Rogers, Ohio. It is every Friday. Got rained out today so I'm kinda sad. [​IMG]

8. greenpeeps

greenpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Greenford, Ohio
    I think were gonna go tomorrow (8-12-11) I'm looking for buckeyes, fizzles, sizzles, and ee's.

9. dewgal09

dewgal09 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Morrow, OH
    That's over by the Pennsylvania line, isn't it?

10. Kaufmann's Backyard Farm

Jul 4, 2011
    It's pretty close to PA. About a half hour from the border. Did you get anything good greenpeeps?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by