Flea Market Blues

Brenda Vause

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012

We got these chicks a couple weeks ago at a flea market. We aren't sure really what they are... We are guessing blue and lavender somethings, maybe splashes, but we aren't sure what. The man said wyandottes and said the little blue one was a blue orpington. The two white ones have silver/gray dusted all throughout their feathers. Does anyone know?

They might be... I love my buff orpington! She is huge and grew quickly from the start. She was way bigger than them at that age. She out grew all the chicks we bought her with, which are barred plymoth rock, RIRs, golden comet, amberlink and australorp. These chicks are more petit. Maybe all orps don't grow huge. Do think maybe they are bantam orps?

Oh, well these chicks have been super healthy so far thankfully! And when we got them home and realy looked at them, we knew thay were not wyandottes! lol and had very big doubts that the little blue one was an orpington. I was looking up chicks that possibly looked like her and the andualusion chicks did seem like a good contender! But how do you tell a pea comb? I'm not familiar with them...

I just found a pic of the blue olive egg layer... does it look like it could be my blue?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom