fleas & dogs

comfortis works the best for us.
You can also try something natural like garlic. They do make a repellent using garlic. I can't think of it right now. But I know several people who use it with their dogs.

The chemcial meds only work for short periods of time til you have to reapply and, they're... well - chemicals
sickbyc.gif

I have always in the spring started giving my dogs a sprinkle of garlic on their food, it not only repels fleas, but mosquitoes and many other bothersome critters that like to bite dogs. I have nine dogs right now and I'm in Alaska - the mosquito is our state bird
wink.png
I get bit, my dogs don't!

We use comfortis. I asked DH if he wanted to switch to the frontline now that it's available over the counter (and would be cheaper) but he wants to stick with the comfortis. It's highly effective.

Quote:
I actually take garlic supplements /myself/ for this very reason. Fleas wont touch you either. Seriously, on a garlic supplement regimen, stick your foot on/in something you know for a fact to be flea infested. It's funny because they'll run up you - then just as quickly hop off once they get a better smell - not even a nibble. Mosquitoes humorously will chase you about but when you stop they wont even land and then the deer ticks... same story. They get on ya looking for food then just as quickly head for the hills... hmmm... suddenly I realized why dracula hates garlic...

Back
Top Bottom