Flemish giant rabbits

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by recession_resilient, Jun 16, 2009.

1. recession_resilient

recession_resilient In the Brooder

Jun 6, 2009
    Louisiana, Ohio
    Yup, the huge ones. Anyone here raise them? (or know anyone in OH that does?)
    Moreover, anyone wanna help a fellow BYC member aquire a few?
    No one likes to ship these guys even short distances, and a 10 hours round trip car ride is not too appealing or convenient, looking for better options...

2. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Songster

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Sorry, I don't know anyone close since I am in NC. But I am friends with a lady who had one and he's a sweetie. She sold him for Beverens and I think she regrets that.

3. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    Quote:If you join rabbits online I beleive there are some breeders on there..

4. recession_resilient

recession_resilient In the Brooder

Jun 6, 2009
    Louisiana, Ohio
    I've tracked down and called so many breeders in the miami valley area in the past few months its been rediculous. Believe it or not, I managed to finally find myself some buns yesterday! It'll be a road trip, but ill be getting a nonrelated trio from 20# pedigrees! I'm stoked! AND I found someone else on the way with another litter that just came ready! so I might have to get one from her as well. 4 flemish! what am I going to do? [​IMG]

5. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    congrats... can't wait to see pics

6. SportTees

SportTees Songster

I went and got one a few weeks ago in TN. It was pedigreed but she gave me a good deal without the pedigree I think. Big healthy 8 Wk old BLK Female for $20- she raised them but had acquired this one in a trade and didn't have room for it. She was very helpful too- gave me a big bag of food, taught me about them and told me about the rabbits parents, exc.. I was worried because people had told me to watch out for someone offering a price with of without the pedigree. Congrates they are very sweet rabbits!!

7. okiron

okiron Songster

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Aww I love flemmies <3<3<3 They're the sweetest rabbits I've ever known. We had 2 till late last year.

Haha chixie are you a RO member? So am I.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: